Prof (Dr) Hitendrakumar Mangubhai Patel, MRSC,
Elected Member of ODC-RSC
Date of Birth: 25/07/1971
Specialization: Organic Chemistry
Organic Chemistry, Sustainable Chemistry, Development of Crystals, Various types of Catalysis, Multi-Component Reactions, Ionic Liquids, Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Products, Heterocyclic Compounds and Bio-Organic Molecules, Anti-proliferative Activity.
Graduated in Science with Chemistry as principle subject from South Gujarat University in the year 1994.
Masters in Science with Organic Chemistry as principle subject from South Gujarat University in the year 1996.
Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry from Sardar Patel University on the title“Synthesis,Characterization and Material Applications of azo dyes based on derivatives of hydroxybenzophenones” in the year 2008
Dr. Hitendrakumar M. Patel is a Professor of Chemistry at the Department of Chemistry of the Sardar Patel University, V. V. Nagar 388 120, Gujarat, India. He acts as Review Editor in Organic Chemistry section, Frontiers in Chemistry Journal and Editorial board member of Frontiers in Chemistry and in Arkivoc journal. He was an Elected Member of the Organic Division Council, The Royal Society of Chemistry, London. He has 22 and 15 years of rich experience in Teaching and Research respectively. His research interests include Development of Bioactive Heterocyclic Scaffolds via Multi-component reactions, with a focus on Green Chemistry approaches and Medicinal Chemistry, including synthesis of small molecules, virtual and bio-molecular screening. He has been granted two projects to a tune of rupees 51.81 lakh from National agencies like DST-SERB and UGC, New Delhi. He was selected as Brand ambassador of Bentham Science Publisher for the Year of 2018-2019. He received International Travel Support from DST-SERB, New Delhi to attend the International Symposium on Green Chemistry ISGC-2019 at La Rochelle, France. He had given many invited talks at the National and International level in Conferences and Universities. He has received the Outstanding Contribution Award for reviewing Journal of Molecular Structure, and also received Distinguished Faculty in Science Award-2017 by Venus International Foundation, Chennai, India. He worked as an Expert reviewer in many International Journals and received Top Peer Reviewer Award 2018-2019 in Chemistry from Publons. He has published 28 research and review papers, 03 books; He has total citations of 329, H-index of 12, i-10 index of 12.
• Lecturer in Chemistry, St. Xavier’s College, Ahmadabad 15th March 1997 to 25th September 1998.
• Lecturer in Chemistry, V. P. & R. P. T. P. Science College, VallabhVidyanagarfrom 26th September 1998 to 14th March 2003.
• Sr. Lecturer in Senior Scale, V.P. & R.P.T.P. Science College, Vallabh Vidyanagar from 15th March 2003 to 14th March 2008.
• Sr. Lecturer in Selection Scale, V.P.& R.P.T.P. Science College, Vallabh Vidyanagar from 15th March 2008 to 14th March 2011.
• Associate Professor in Chemistry, V. P. & R. P. T. P. Science College, Vallabh Vidyanagar, 15th March 2011 to 4th February 2015.
• Associate Professor in Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, 5th February 2015 to 28th October 2016.
• Professor in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, 29th October 2016 to continue….
Expert reviewer in following International Journals
Arkivoc, Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry, Chemistry- an Asian journal, ChemCatChem, Chemistry Select, Current Organic Synthesis, Frontiers in Chemistry, Journal of heterocyclic Chemistry, Journal of Chemical Research, Journal of Molecular Modeling, Journal of Molecular Structure, Letters in Organic Chemistry, Research on Chemical Intermediates, Medicinal Chemistry Research, Natural Product Research, Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds, Oriental Journal of Chemistry, Orbital–The Electronic Journal of Chemistry, SN Applied Sciences, Textile Research Journal, Fibers and Polymers.